Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Monday, November 05, 2007

Get Well Soon, Noelle

With Ed's guest blog nowhere in sight, I thought I'd give you a brief summary of our weekend. But first, a shout out to our friend Noelle who is recovering from a broken ankle while trying to blog every day for the next 30 days. Stay strong, Noelle. We're rooting for you!

Our weekend was splendid. We realized that we have very few left in Londontown and should maybe start doing all those things we wanted to do but haven't done. We thought about that...and then decided watching the Arsenal/Man Utd. game at the Alex was much more important. And it was. We snatched a draw out of the jaws of defeat deep into extra time and by the end of the match, I was considering changing Cooper's name to Cesc in honor of Cesc Fabregas. Don't worry, John won't let me.

The rest of Saturday was spent at a crappy baby store in Brixton and a leaving do for a friend who is heading back to New Zealand after five years in London.

Sunday was a relatively lazy day, although John did make it to the gym and I managed a walk. Of course, we are devastated by the debacle called a football game that occurred last night in Philadelphia, but I won't get into that.

Tomorrow we head to a quiz night at a pub up the street. Last time we tried one of those, Steve was the only other member of our team. Needless to say, two Americans and an Australian didn't fare too well that night. This time, however, we'll be playing with actual English people. Fingers crossed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I was just working my way through my 600 unread blogs when I saw this one pop up on the reader!

I'm feeling better, I even got to walk around (on crutches) a bit today since it seemed like it might be the last nice-weather day for a while. Glad you are all having a great time, and looking forward to seeing you stateside again soon!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jamie and John,

I read your blog from time to time and it's such a delight. You two are fabulous writers. Very entertaining -- as if I should be surprised by that.

I hope you enjoy your last weeks in London, and happy trails back to the US.

Molly McElroy

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home