Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I think we've been busy



As I listen to the Eagles struggle to reclaim their fire, read about the Phillies post season collapse, and watch Fiji lose the Rugby World cup quarter final (don't ask) I find solace in the fact that Arsenal is #1. However, I'm bringing my Philly attitude to the Premiership just in case.

Last weekend I brought Jamie with me to Madrid. I worked in the Madrid office on Friday while Jamie explored the museums and shopped. We had a lovely dinner with people from the office - in lovely Spanish style we finished dessert after midnight! Jamie then acted as my Madrid tour guide. We went to the modern art museum and took a walk in the park - complete with a romantic row boat excursion on the lake. It was a wonderful weekend - hopefully we'll get one more Euro weekend under our belts before moving home. Here are some Madrid Highlights:
Cat in the drain:


John Rowing on the Lake:


A Duck in the Lake:

Museum of Ham:



This past Friday I went to Paris for work. It sounds more glamorous that it actually was - I caught the 5:30 AM Eurostar and sat in their server room all day with technicians who speak English as well as I speak French. At least I got to practice French again. I caught the 7:20 PM Eurostar home and sat down on my couch by 10 PM. I do get to back for a long weekend for a major project in two weeks, hopefully I'll have some time explore!

My work football team is currently kicking ass and taking names in our new league. It's a PR league, so we play our competitors. The best part is that our first 2 games we couldn't field all 5 players due to work conflicts and illness, so we recruited two 14 year old boys to cover - they're the ref's sons. One of the kids actually scored the winning goal in one of our matches. They were crushed last week when we told them we didn't need them since our full team showed. We agreed to use them as Subs if we got far enough ahead in a match.

Jamie and I saw Cooper again last week. We're proud to announce he is completely normal - he has the right number of everything and is a normal length and weight. No pictures though, he was a bit shy during that part. I think we need to get a release form from his agent before we can take more pictures.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Cat in the drain" may be the most understated photo caption of all time. --EHB

8:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Agent - Let that kid show us his smile!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally psyched to have you back in to states.... We can hardly wait! I guess it will be time to have a family reunion soon... But we will be glad to wait for Cooper's debut. Love, Your Cuz in "New" England

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home