Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

VACATION NEEDED!

*UPDATED AT THE BOTTOM*
Have you missed your Eagles' Trivia? I know I have!

Let's move into the 40's:
The '49 Eagles only had one loss, who beat them?
a)New York Bulldogs
b)Chicago Bears
c)New York Giants
d)Detroit Lions

The Brother's opening night went over very well. The house was just over half full (as was my pint glass) when the house lights went out. Everyone we spoke with really enjoyed the show - even the people who would tell us if it was crap! I was told that the best part of my sound design was the dog barking in the background. Unfortunately, it was a real dog that lives down the street with a wonderful sense of timing.

Dan & Jim have arrived and left for their short trip to Edinburgh - they'll be back Thursday night. We leave Friday for 8 days in North Wales! We'll be staying at a lovely cottage doing absolutely nothing. I think we all deserve this big break. I rented the only automatic vehicle within 200 miles - A 6 passenger Mercedes Minivan. Better start studying those crazy english road signs again!

Dan & Jim also came to see Jamie's show AND took us to see Genesis in concert! I'm sure they'll describe the experience in their forthcoming guest blog. I would like to just say that Genesis still got their prog rock roots going strong. Very impressive for a casual Genesis fan such as myself.

My football (soccer) league started up again - I missed the first match so I could attend Opening Night. Wed night marks my debut as a Premiership 5-A-Side Goal Keeper. I'm excited. We actually may have real uniforms too! Don't know if they were ordered yet, so it may be my standard long sleeve white & red top, blue work out trousers (pants), red, white, or black socks (Depends on my mood really),and Electric Blue shoes.

Answer: B - The Chicago Bears. I know, right? It was away at Chicago, lost 21-38. '49 is also when they won the NFL Championship - they beat the Los Angeles Rams 14-0 and had a Wide Receiver named Neill Armstrong who scored 5 TD's that season.

*UPDATE*
I wore the red socks.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I command you to ad an Eagles tag, by Ralph Waite!

Oh tell D & J that I've finally got the CD burner working and will send some Goon Shows as soon as I can.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous about the cottage in North Wales and the red socks! If I weren't 38 weeks pregnant I'd be crashing your vacation;)

loves.
s

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the eagles trivia, very cool. glad The Brothers got off to a good start, wish we could've been there to see it. good luck dirving that giant van around - can't be any more difficult than driving the ramsburgs from London to Torquay :) Have fun on vaca and keep the blogs coming. LU guys, Michael

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eight day vacation... Sounds like a dream come true. Right now all our vacation is semi-vacation, no sleeping in at all... I am green with envy. BTW.. Your blog keeps me in good cheer with the doldrums of house-wifey-ness. Love you!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home