Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mac is Back and Black Velvet Revolver

Donovan McNabb is practicing in mini-cap. For some reason that's gotten me incredibly excited about this season. Excited and depressed - I am a Philadelphia fan.

I am so excited, I am inspired to check out my Philly Sports Challenge: Eagles Edition quiz book. I am quite surprised to learn that I know most of the answers to "Depressing Eagles: the 30's" - for example, I knew Hank Reese kicked the most field goals in the 30's. How, I have no idea. So until I get bored, I'll pick an Eagles Trivia question and post it at the beginning of the blog and put the answer at the end.

Here's number one:
Which of the following Eagles players was not an attorney when not playing football (awkwardly worded, but whatever):
a) Jack Roberts
b) Henry O'Boyle
c) Lee Woodruff
d) Joe Kresky

In other news (and a tense change) I saw Velvet Revolver in concert last Tuesday at the Hammersmith Apollo. It was fun. You know the band - its Slash, Duff, and Matt from GNR and Scott Weiland from STP. They have a couple songs on the radio that are rocking, but the best songs of the evening were the Guns N' Roses and STP covers.

It was comical to watch Slash and Scott compete for focus on stage. Each one believed they were the main event. Scott whirled his way around the stage in a pale Mick Jagger impersonation often screaming into a megaphone pointed at a microphone (symbolic juxtaposition or cheap effects?) whilst Slash gyrated against his guitar cum phallus in the faces of the poor sods smashed up against the stage. Of course, anyone who knows GNR knows that the real star is Duff, cause all the chicks into GNR digg Duff. Man I miss playing Dig Dug.

Tomorrow I get to see Modest Mouse, Satellite Party (Perry Farrell's new project), Queens of the Stone Age, and, and, AND!!! the White Stripes. This of course is due to the ticket I received as my 30th Birthday present from the lovely Mrs. Ramsburg the Younger (until next fall- YAY Caitie and Mike!).

The answer to today's Eagles' Trivia:
a) Jack Roberts - the book doesn't say what profession Jack Roberts used to support his football habit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but the writing is clear on the wall that Donovan is not going to last much longer.

Apparently Kevin Kolb is the quarterback of the future?

Sometimes I wonder about Andy...

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for the Trivia ? I knew the answer .I was as surprised as you are.
Donovan hasn't lasted isn't that a good enough reason ?
As for the concerts sounds like raw fun
Keep on coming with the blogs they are entertaining! .

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home