Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

4 Day Weekend!

Jamie and I are relaxing on our last day of our 4 day weekend. We just spent a couple of hours outside enjoying the sun on the Common. We have forced ourselves to do next to nothing so we can fully appreciate our free time. We just finished up disc 1 in my Time Team - A History of Britian DVD collection Jamie gave me for my birthday.

Gosh - lots has happened - Jeff and Rae had a blast while they were here. Jamie and I got to play tour guides and show them just about everything in London. One of these days I think we'll open our own tour group. We also found a great little Indian place before seeing Wicked.

My birthday party was amazing. We started out by going down to the pub to watch Arsenal (who lost) and then sitting outside enjoying the warm(ish) weather. We then moved on to China Town to Crispy Duck for dinner - Crispy Duck couldn't sit all of us, so a nice waiter walked us down the street to Crispy Duck II. I had no idea that there was such a demand for Crispy Duck that they needed two buildings! Then we sang our hearts out at K-Box before retiring to our flat to enjoy champagne (thanks Mom & Dad!) with our friends. If you want to see the pictures, email me and I'll send out the links.

Here's a picture from dinner:


Perros Del Diablo lost our first match of the season on Wednesday - 2-3. Only two of us from the regular team could make it to the game. Unfortunately it took us too long to find our rhythm with the guys filling in. However, we did get on the ball and tore apart our opponents 6-2 in our second match of the evening. I also tore apart my gloves sliding on the astroturf after one of the balls that made it past our defense. Here's that picture of me missing a penalty from March 21st -


Friday we went to the Zoo with Andy and Lindsey to see the new gorilla exhibit. The zoo was pretty cool, and the gorillas were impressive. The best part was the canal trip to Little Venice and finding a great pub for dinner. We got a backyard view of some of the larger mansions in the area as well see some really cool houseboats from the canal.

Easter Sunday was spent at Myke and Drew's with Steve, Andy, and Lindsey - they cooked a fantastic dinner for all of us. It was a great night.