Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Sun Came Out and Jamie Returned or Sir Ian, please stop stalking me!

Hello, Strangers!

How have you been? I've been busy and happy. Debut Productions has kept me working hard, but it's worth it. We're slowly instituting changes that are making the showcases better. We already have almost 20 agents and casting directors booked for our Tuesday show next week! (That's a lot- so be impressed- be very impressed.)

I spent three days last week in Manchester for my first Manchester Showcase. Karen, one of the women who runs Debut, booked my hotel for me. When I looked it up online, I found terrible reviews saying things such as, "Dear God- don't stay here!" They spoke of bugs in the shower and hairs in the bed. She, of course, was very upset to hear this and made me promise to leave if it was that bad. Now I consider myself a relatively tough woman, but I draw the line at hairs in my bed. I was hesitant to say the least. But, thankfully, there were no bugs or hairs in my room. It wasn't the Ritz, but it was cheap and a warm place to rest my head.

The rest of Manchester was perfectly nice as well. Granted- I spent most of my time in a studio theatre four times the size of the one I work in in London- with dressing rooms and wings and a booth and everything- so I was in my glory! I did manage to spend an afternoon in a pub with some of the actors. The pub was great- picture McKenna's but smaller. I found out later that it used to be public toilets. Leave it to me!

I'm scheduled to be back in Manchester in September. The Showcase is actually on my 30th birthday, so John is going to come up with me. I figure we'll go up a day early, so that we can visit all of the fun music landmarks- like the Lesser Free Trade Hall where the Sex Pistols played.

Upon my return to London, the sun came out. It is glorious today! 60 degrees! John, Lindsey and I went to the Farmers' Market and bought good food and a few plants for our patio. Then John and I went for a run. YAY! Sunday!

In John news- his first official football match is Wednesday night. To Lindsey's utter disappointment, I have sworn off Body Attack (our Wednesday class) until John's season is over so that I can commit to being a proper WAG. I'm going to wear prada shoes and gucci sunglasses and sit on the sidelines sipping pimms.

If you've made it this far- you deserve to know what the second title of this blog means. I am sorry to say that Sir Ian McKellan has begun stalking me. Two weeks ago- I saw him two days in a row outside our Sainsbury Local. Last week, upon my return from Manchester, I walked out of the tube station and there he was- the first person I saw! Sir Ian, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are,) the stalking must come to an end. If you want me to direct your next project, all you have to do is ask and I'll check my diary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 agents and casting directors awesome! I am Impressed ! Glad there waz NO "critters" in ur Room..On UR bed... YUCK! As for Sir Ian he knows a GREAT Director when he "Stalks One" Keep up the great work . And ENJOY!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home