Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Wednesday night my football team demolished our two opponents. It's a five a side league, and the matches are 17 minutes each. The action is really fast and scores are normally high. We won 6-1 and 4-0. If you want to keep up with the league, here's the website. We're Battersea Wednesday 2nd Division.

I wrote a match report for the team, I'd post it here but it has some last names - email me if you want a copy. Here's some pictures my wonderful wife took. She hung out behind my goal, so you get a good view of my lovely rear. We wear white tops and blue shorts.


You can't really tell, but I'm making a save.


"KEEPER KEEPER KEEPER" - whoever yells this loudest is the one I roll the ball back to.


Like a tiger waiting to pounce. Red shoes on the left was jealous of my blue shoes so bought his own flash.



Changing out of my boots so I can go to a pub and celebrate our win! As my knees testify, old astroturf is more akin to sandpaper than plastic grass.

Thursday night was the leaving party for the guy who worked with me in IT support. Jamie came out and we had a great time. Several other people were leaving, so we got to combine all the parties into one blow out. Jamie and I left before it got too messy, which was a good thing!

Friday night Jamie and I went to check out a theatre that may be used for a project she's working on. I'll let her describe the absolute crap we subjected ourselves to for an hour. I could've just pooped on my hand and flushed a 20 quid note down the toilet and saved 55 minutes of boredom.

St Patrick's day was fun - Lindsey and Andy went out with us around Clapham. Our criteria was to find a pub with live Irish music. We did find a place with a live Irish band. Unfortunately said band tried to experiment with Doors covers and weird jazz fiddle. We left after 1 pint. We then went to the Swan in Stockwell - a blatantly Irish club/bar/pub, only to be informed that cover was 15 pounds each! F* that. We then turned around and went to Balham and found a fun bar, but no Irish music. We eventually ended up back in our flat with curry and doner kebabs and played Shout About Movies - which Andy now calls Shout About John Ramsburg's Hobbies.

We've spring cleaned in preparation for this year's first visitors - Jeff and Rae! They'll be out on the 25th and spending all week with us to help celebrate my 30th, which is looming ever nearer. I'll be in Frankfurt this Thursday and Friday helping to move our German office to a new building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home