Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Brother, the Actor

John is working in Paris and I've been home in PA for a little over week now. What a week it has been! My uncle got married last Saturday, which was a blast. Then my parents and I went apartment-hunting in Hoboken and Jersey City. We found a good apartment in a great building in Jersey City. Our lease starts a week after John and I move home, which is perfect timing. Now, if we can only figure out how to get our bed delivered in less than 5 weeks! BUT the best part of this trip has been surprising my brother Eli and seeing him perform in Scapin at LVPA.

I know you will all think I'm just being biased, but the truth is- he is FABULOUS! Everyone agrees. The show itself is leaps and bounds above other high school productions. The actors are so comfortable on stage that the director has allowed them to adlib. You can just tell they're having a great time up there. But Eli as Sylvestre blows me away every time I see it. I've seen it three times and am going to the matinee today. He is so energetic and present. He is free onstage physically and vocally and just lets go. It is an absolute joy to watch and I am unbelievably proud of him!

Congratulations on a great show, Eli!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW sounds like you have a very talented family! I am sorry I could not have been there to see this young man perform sounds like the show was a big success. You are a good big sister and your brother is lucky to have such support and influence from his family.
I do so enjoy reading your blogs.Keep them coming. Cheers

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home