Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Brief Hello

Sorry it's been so long since we've written. My only excuse is: FOOTBALL!! The world is consumed by it right now and why should we be any different? We (at least I) have spent every available moment watching football. I go to the gym instead of running in the Common so that I can watch the games. I LOVE the World Cup! For those of you who don't know- the US team didn't do so hot in its first game Monday night. For a team who is ranked fifth in the world, it was a big disappointment. They lost miserably. BUT they are going to make some changes for their next game on Saturday- so we shall see. England, on the other hand, won their first game on Saturday. They faded in the second half (apparently that was due to the fact that they aren't used to the scorching heat) but they did win. We had a blast watching the game. We went to a pub with a bunch of friends. We paid £10 each for a seat at the table and a halftime "buffet." There weren't enough seats for all of us and the "buffet" was a HOT DOG, but it was still worth it. I'm very disappointed that I'm going to miss the next England match (on Thursday.) I scheduled my first British haircut at a salon that is only open late on Thursdays- don't know what I was thinking!

John is in Frankfurt right now. He left yesterday afternoon. In a couple of hours, he heads to Milan for two days. I miss him, but it's pretty cool that he gets to go to all these places. I'm sure he'll have fun stories to share when he returns.

Hope all is well with you!