Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Monday, May 01, 2006

Banks closed = PARTY!

We have the day off today - National Holidays here are actually Bank Holidays. Banks close to celebrate something or other, and just about everyone else closes too. So we celebrate May Day!

The cats are great - they have adjusted quite well. Jovi love/hates the conservatory. We bought them new food dishes. One dish says Cat Party! and has a cat wearing a party hat. We're feeding our neighbors' kitten while they are away for the weekend. He's a lot of fun too. Which is good. Nothing worse than a boring kitten.

Jamie and I stepped in a big pile of poop Friday night. Whoops - I mistyped "Went to see American Dreamz". We also rented Revolver. WTF happened in that movie? I looked it up online and it still sounds like a load of BS with a big budget.

We noticed that our building has a neat plumbing fixture. An artifical waterfall was cascading next to our bedroom window earlier today. We go outside and see that there is a pipe sticking out from the 3rd story gushing water. I wonder what it was draining. Then again, I don't.
It has since stopped.

Rehearsals are going well for Below 14th. I've already learned a lot from Jamie. Jamie's other showcase is coming along as well AND she just got a new temp position as an assistant to a Real Estate sales team through June!

Signing off from the Mirror World of the UK,
John

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, please, PLEASE post a picture of the "Cat Party!" dish. I'm not sure why, but I feel like seeing it would make me very happy.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home