Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Monday, March 20, 2006

OH MY God!! Goin Home Already :(

Hi Everyone, I am sure U have been waitn with baited breath to hear whats a been goin on:) Well Can I start with I am Pleasantly Exhausted ! Boy can Jamie get alot in in a short time! But; I'm sure many of you already know that already. Well I must start with I can NOT believe it is Ok to Pee outside.. EWWWWW ! but; true!! So that's my tip for UR trip- watch out:)
Friday Jamie and I got up and she had a couple of errands to run.. And I got to veg a bit. By 1:30 Jamie waz home and off we went to Shop yes Shop isn't that what girls do best ? Right Flo : ) . Well we headed for Harrods and I was reluctant to buy things there mega expensive in my world. But; none the less I did give in and buy a few souvenirs. We left Harrods and walked around a bit and looked in other shops some we have back home that I will visit and buy some things that I liked but; was not gonna pay double here! Then out to dinner. It was St Patty's Day and all and we thought Oh let's find a Pub.. AH ya everyone else thought that same thought. go figure. So where did we eat U ask. A steak house yes indeed. Food was excellent and so waz the atmosphere. The Company was the best though!

Off to the queen Theater to see Les Miserable. John warned that it was a little sad . He was right! But; it was fabulous! The voices on the actors WOW knocked me out! Loved It!! Left the theater the streets were absolutely MOBBED!! I didn't mind it in NY . This seemed to me alot worse! Got home and crashed to start a new day of JOY!

Saturday up and out to see London by Tour! First thing was a brisk and I mean brisk walk around town. Our tour guide's name was Frazer. Great tour guide and a great tour.. Lots of pics!
Back To the National Gallery to Pee inside :0) And off to the bus tour . Yes on the famous double decker buses and It was Brisk Up There but; we are not USA sissys ! Right ?
Another great tour lots to C. And we did see it! This bus took us to the boat tour to cruise the river Thames and the boat was sooooooooo nice and warm! All glass so we got a great view all around. Loved It!. What a day! HUH! Got home at 6ish and John made Indian food for dinner and we watched a movie and chilled.

Sunday: one more day to try to keep up with Jamie cause, she can move on those lil legs of hers. John and I just strolled while we tried to keep up . And ran a few times too. :/
Well after a short nites sleep we were off to: PARIS! yes we were! Get to the tube by 7:15 to catch the Eurostar by 8:00. Made it! And back through security we go. Good to know everyone is doing their job with security. Well Mum set off the alarms. Yup me and "my belt I said" ButI was frisked all the same! By a very cute lil gal. Ok she smiled and let me through. Jamie said" U should take that belt off comin back"! And I said depends on who's doin the friskn:) She didn't seem entertained by that.
Finally we arrive in London and get tickets to the metro and exchange money sounds quick huh was'nt! But that's ok we were in Paris and soon above ground and off and runnin. Walked a bit around town and found a French Cafe' to eat lunch. In the window it said they served sandwiches but; once we were seated no sandwiches. So French Onion Soup and French Fries what else right. Very Good Lunch!
Back out on the streets to stroll while waiting for our tour bus. At 3:00. Walked across the street to Tuileries Gardens. Big Park fancy name:) It was awesome though lots to see and not enough time in a day! Jamie got a bottle of water there and paid 2.50 euros.. tooo much money!
We got in line for the tour bus right behind 2 other small groups of ladies and then everyone started to gather no order to things and U know how we like order. Finally at 3:00 the driver lets us on the bus which had airconditioning which was not running and when Ur at the top of a closed in bus it gets very warm! 1\2 hour later he starts the bus and we leave! Thank God! I waz a meltin. Nice tour. Got a nice ride around the City and taken to a Boat where we cruised the River Seine. Now That is a trip U must take I Was all over the boat at lotssa angles gettn Pics. It was Awsome! Loved It!!
Got dropped off at the Eiffel Tower sooooo cool.. Soooooo Big. Now I always knew that just standing next to it was mind blowing!
Got a bite to eat at a stand and stood and ate it in front of the Royal Theater Chaillot. Back to the metro and off to Eurostar . Long Story I know but; Bottom line is I had a terrific Time here with Jamie And John they were both great sports waitn for the ole lady to catch up. I know one thing if U can come o vist them U should. By the By the weather was great in Paris and only 1 day was it really chilly! It's all about the layers. Well I am goin home today to sleep :)
I just want to say I can NEVER Thank Jamie And John enough for this vist!And for Jamie being a BIG Part of planning a surprise 50th Birthday Party from abroad! The Best Birthday Ever Jamie. TY Lottsa Love MUM xoxoxoxoxoxo
I Hope UR All Well ! And not terribly Bored:/ Jamie could not believe I wrote this whole Thing!.. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

Cheryl, I hope you had a happy happy birthday! Glad to hear you kept busy across the pond. Safe travel home...

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home