Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm Trendy





Hey, It's John. Whattup?
We had a fun weekend. We went to Old Street on Saturday night to a bar called the Lounge. The bartenders were all foreign, like me! One of them I call crazy 80's metal mullet guy or C8MMG for short. C8MMG told me that wearing a New York Dolls T-Shirt is trendy. I was wearing one. I was all like fer real C8MMG? I'm from NYC so I didn't know. I thought I was cool, wearing a shout out to Johnny Thunder. You, faithful reader, pick if I mean the Kink's song or the guitarist.
Well, being from NYC, C8MMG thought I was the shizzle. He then proceeded into a monologue on WASP. WASP?!

We then had exciting late night indian food from our neighborhood. Rebecca from ASDS who met up with us at the Lounge came on down (Old Street is North of Clapham North - I am not antipodean, so South = Down for me) and ended up crashing with us. Our friend Myke (that's how he spells it, honest) made the guy serving the food crap his pants in panic. Apparently he couldn't handle the order and tried to call in for reinforcements. "They're asking for 4 Naan, we only have 2, and the Chicken Jalfrezie is out of Jalfrezie, GOOD GOD SAVE ME!" In his defence, we were less than sober and he appeared to be covering for his brother.

Good news though - no street/transit vomit incidents this week.

BTW - Jamie is slammin in her new clothes.


There's a cool show here called Brainiacs- History Abuse. One of the key features is a bunch of nerds using a battering ram to perform common household tasks. And two guys who try fix their camper with explosives, and it always goes wrong. Good stuff.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you both look so...British...in that hot sexy british way of course!!! So I just read the blogs I haven't read yet...it took me awhile, but it was well worth it. I miss you guys!!!! A LOT!!! Jamie..I miss our morning Skype and yahoo sessions...where are you?!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look great! But not as cool as this guy:

http://www.molvania.com/video_medium_2.html

John, you still have your gmail account?

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys look great! But not as cool as this guy:

http://www.molvania.com/video_medium_2.html

John, you still have your gmail account?

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

We get to see the Brainiacs here in PA on a cable station called G-4. Recently they tested ways to break into a safe...the winner was a british tank! Of course the contents were also destroyed.

Dad o' flo

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Johnny Thunder lives on water, feeds on lightning..."
Yous guys look great.
I need me a NYDOLLS shirt!
miss you guys
-pedersen

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home