Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Quick Update

I thought I'd write a quick update for those of you who check in regularly and are wondering how I'm doing in our flat surrounded by piles and piles and more piles of our stuff. Well, after John let me out of the van, I set to the task of putting things away. As you must have deduced, I was extremely overwhelmed on Monday but lucky for me my Director side kicked in. I have made huge progress in the last three days and am happy to tell you that more things are in their place than not! This flat is actually beginning to look like a home. Which is good, because I have exactly one week and 15 hours before our first visitor arrives. Oh yes- I'm counting the hours!

In other news: I'll be going to a matinee on Saturday while John is watching soccer. I don't normally like to go to theatre alone but it's too cold to wander around London and the museums are always packed on Saturdays. So, it's theatre or shopping and let's face it- I'm going to be doing enough shopping next week with Flo. Besides, I've been waiting to see The Late Henry Moss by Sam Shepard for weeks now!

Oh- by the way- I apologize to those of you who have tried to comment and couldn't because you did not have an account. I was not aware that I had set it up that way, but rest assured I have fixed it! So, now anyone can comment. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

That's it from my end. Hope you're all doing well. Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA! I can comment without having to figure out blogger! Oh the pain of unpacking...I have an idea, wait until Flo gets there and make her help! JK Flo- So glad to hear you guys are surviving, give it some time and you will never want to come home.

Keep up the writing, I love reading about your adventures, who knows, you might be able to turn this blog into a play one day :)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, a whole beer festival for Waitangi Day!!! All we do over here is eat a Waitangi Day cake, light a few Waitangi candles and ritually kill a former member of England's Parliment; you guys are so lucky.

Seriously, it sounds like you guys are settling in nicely. John sounds like a "diamond geezer" and Jamie must be his "shaggable bird"

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/d.htm

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore your blog! I check it everyday. Many amusing posts. So glad you guys are settling in to your new home. Love the photos too!! We'll head to the UK hopefully somewhat soon-ish. I hear there's talk of December.....
Much love

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home