Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Friday, February 03, 2006

Quick Moving Update

For those of you who are just arriving to work and can't wait to find out how my experience with the movers went this morning, here's a quick update: IT WENT NOWHERE!!! Our ocean shipment was supposed to arrive at 9AM today. I woke up early, vaccumed and cleared plenty of space for them to be able to move around easily. The movers arrived shortly after 9 and asked to see the flat prior to the arrival of the container. I walked them through- explaining where things would go. At 10:30 (yes, my friends, an hour and a half after I was told our things would arrive) I received a call from the Movers' Office saying the container had been held up and would not arrive until 3PM!!! Okay- I was pissed off- I will not deny it. But worse than making me rearrange my day is what they did to the workers. They are making them wait outside in their truck until the shipment arrives. They have been outside going on 6 hours now! I really wanted to let them wait in the flat, but I just don't think I should invite three men into my apartment to hang out for 6 hours. So, I went to the gym, read the paper, had lunch and checked my email. Now I wait. Cross your fingers, folks- they have twenty minutes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home