Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

She's on her way...

Hi, Everyone-

The "she" in question is my Mum and she is on her way to London (well, she will be in two hours!) I'm sure I will convince her to write at least one Blog entry while she's in town, but here's a little sneak peak at what we'll be doing: Harrod's, Camden Markets, St. Patrick's Day at an Irish Pub, Les Miserables, A Sightseeing Bus & Boat Tour, PARIS!! Just a few things:)

Many of you have asked how the Surprise Party went- she was completely surprised! She had a great time and was thrilled to see some friends she hadn't seen in years- SUCCESS!

Today is my last day at this temp job. It's a shame because the guys have been great and the work has been minimal, but it's good I'm leaving because I'd hate to get attached. I am hoping to be working in the theatre, after all.

Finally, I have another addition to the American-English translations:

knock on wood..............touch wood

Have a wonderful week-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun touring the UK with your Mum. And about the job: I'll quit mine if you quit your's. Deal?

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just to clarify, "yours" is spelled "your's" in chicago. It's a midwestern thing. Silly cow farmers.

Other midwestern terms include:
soda. . . . pop
wife. . . . sister
God. . . . .Mike Ditka

That's all I can think of for now.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home