Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hello From MUM Coops :) 2nd Visitor to The Flat

Hi everyone! Well I have arrived!! For anyone who may know I recently turned the big 50 .. And had a nice Birthday surprise party. And this trip is a gift to myself..I have never flown Internationally Nor Alone But; all the same I am here.. I flew Virgin Atlantic Jamie and John's recommendation and they were right it was a very comfortable flight alil bumpy at times but; nothing too bad:) Food waz plentiful and no one sat in the seat next to me so I had 2 seats. Wow HUh! I thought so. I met a Welsh woman who now lives here in London on the plane whose daughter moved to NY 3 years ago and she was coming from NY and she did walk me through the airport and to passport security and then we were split up and I waz on my own :( Yes I waz abit nervous but; rose to the occassion and found my luggage and my daughter! Yeah !! I Love it here! We have been going almost nonstop except to sit on the "tube" or the double decker bus . Yes I'm braggin. We have done the following things thus far:oh wait U should know Wednesday was a Beautiful Day! We were up by 7;00am and outta the flat by 9am and off to Clapham Common Park for a wonderful cup of Java and a long stroll . And there is nice green grass already and daffodils too. After a wonderful stroll off to the West End- Covent Garden Market to do some shoppn. Way Cool! Entertainers and lots of shops. First gift I bought waz for my lil niece and god child Lizbeth a hand painted T-Shirt with Big Ben/A Double Decker Bus and The Sign Covent Garden Market cute..We walked around alot in the West End and I put my hand in Bruce Willis hand ... On the side walk hand prints for the stars.. What big hands Ya got Bruce :)..Took a double decker bus ride home.. Day2: Up round 8ish coffee shower and off to the Camden Market place must tell U today much cooooler. But; dressed for it and ready 2go. Once at Camden Markets we noticed they were still settn up and strolled for a bit and Jamie bought a vintage dress looks great on her and I finally found a top and a bag for the spring really neat 1 if I say so myself. Some hot chocolate and off we go .. More shops now open and I wanted to go to a place called "Spank " But; Jamie would not allow it. But; she did take pics of me there with a model dressed all in leather Momamia! Any who we left there and went to a small cafe Inhabitions and had some delicious homemade veggie soup and fresh bread ohh and of course afternoon tea. VERY GOOD! We decided to go to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square and see what we could see there and tryn get on the tube before rush hour and we spent time there and off we were to the tube and home.. Whew! Tomorrow is hopefuly dinner in a Pub for St . Patty's Day and off to see Les Miserable.. And Back to the pub?? Maybe we shall C. If UR plannin a trip to London to see the queen "Jamie" be prepared to hit the ground runnin.And by the by the queen waz not here . Guess she didn't know I waz comin to town :) Well I am havin a blast and look forward to Sunday also we are plannin on going to Paris! Did I ever think that I would be here.. Let alone Paris? NOWAY.. But; I am and I'm goin for it.. So I hope I did not bore anyone. I'm not the writer FLO is ..I hope UR all well. Take Care.Maybe I'll Blog again before I'm off and back to the States.Maybe I'll stay :0) Just kiddn Eli..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ya all...that's how we talk here in Va..lol..
I knew you'd have a blast there..I am so jealous..
So what is this placed called "Spank" roflmbo that Jamie won't allow?? Knowing you, can just imagine...Don is laughing at you...
Have a safe trip home and fill me in when you get a chance too..
Love ya Sis..

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home