Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I've been waiting so long...

Hello all- sorry it's been so long since our last blog. Usually when that happens, it means John wants to write but can't find the time. He has been very busy at work this week because his NY Boss is in town. I might have let you wait a little longer, but I can't because I just got great news and want to share it with you all. After years of waiting, I have just been given my FIRST PAID Directing Gig!!!! I will be directing an Actors' Showcase for Debut Productions. Apparently Showcases aren't widely done here and this is the only company that really does them. The story of this job is kind of funny. Got time for a story?

I had sent in my Resume for a theatre teaching job. The women who run the school also run a Production Company that produces Actors' Showcases in a few cities in England. They called me in to interview for a teaching job and as a Director. By the way- I got that call when my Mom was in town- I told you she brought me luck! The interview went really well but I wasn't sure about the schedule for the One Act I'm directing in May. I got those dates Monday and emailed them to the women and voila! I will be directing their May Showcase and if it goes well, may continue to direct for them next season! I wish I could call you all one-by-one to tell you this news. I just called my Mom (it's 5AM in PA) and left a message on her machine!

In other news--John and I will be leaving Friday morning for his Birthday Trip to Shrewsbury where we will explore the towns of King Arthur and celebrate John's 29th Birthday in style (we're staying in a Tudor Home.) As long as John remembers to drive on the Left - that is!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY JAMIE!!!! Will you still talk to us when you're super famous????

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep the good news coming. . .

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up on your blog and just saw the news...yay, Jamie! Go, you!

I am so, so sorry I missed you while you were here in NYC. I had a crazy week, and just TOTALLY forgot. Much crashing in exhaustion lately.

Yay, Jamie!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home