Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Grillin' in the Rain...

John is in Madrid at the moment and so you are stuck with me yet again- you could do worse!

We had a lovely barbecue on Saturday in spite of the weather. You should have seen my cute husband standing outside in his cowboy hat grilling as the rain fell down! Of course- if I hadn't been so busy playing hostess, I may have taken a picture or two to share with you, but you know me: no time for pictures- must keep guests happy! Everyone had a wonderful time- helped along by my mother's famous potato salad recipe, apple pie, fairy cakes (it's their word for cupcakes) and beer. We even played Cranium at the end of the day. Did you know they have a UK version? There were six of us left (three guys/three girls) and one of each sex was a Brit, so we played men vs women and tried the UK version. What a mess! The men kicked the women's butts- mostly because our neighbor is a Cranium Wiz!

We also introduced our cats to the neighbors' kitten that night. It went pretty well and I predict they will be BFF by the time we leave.

We had a good dose of New York friends this weekend. Laura was in town for the show, Phillip spent the weekend with us, and Elba and her boyfriend David came to the BBQ and met up with us at a pub on the South Bank Sunday night.

John is in Madrid until Wednesday afternoon- I miss him terribly! I'm sure he'll have some fun stories to share when he returns.

Until then- have a great week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing the girls got there biz taken care of or they would be more then bff they may be plkcz.
(Prego Lil Kitty Catz)
Sorry to hear the Girls got there butts kicked. UR suppose to represent ! Jersey Girl!!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home