Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Need Your Help

As Flo's wedding quickly approaches, I find myself needing advice on a few things. Normally, I would just ask Flo. But, seeing as it's her wedding, I don't want to bother her with mundane details. So, I'm going to bother all of you. I need advice on two things: shoes and deodorant.

No! Don't stop reading! This is very important and if you have any knowledge of shoes and/or deodorant, I need your help!

1- Shoes- The wedding is in the beginning of September in her parents' backyard. The backyard bit means I can't wear thin heels. I refuse to wear flats, so I'm in search of a platform or thick heel. The dress is very simple. It is a black strapless dress from JCrew. (You can see it by clicking HERE.) I will also be wearing a black satin sash around my waist and a pearl necklace and earrings. Since the dress is so simple, I feel like the shoes need to be a little fancier. But most platforms or thick heels are too casual or they don't come in black or they don't come in my size. Long story short- I am having a hell of a time finding a pair of shoes. So, I would appreciate any advice you can give me from what style you think would look best to where I might be able to find them. I was trying not to order them online because of fitting issues, but at this point- I'll try anything.

2- Deodorant- This is a question for the ladies. Has anyone found a CLEAR deodorant that actually works and is actually clear? I have tried many and been failed every time, so I thought instead of buying another ten brands willy nilly- I'd ask around. Anyone?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Oh- if you'd like to see Caitie's pictures from their visit, click HERE. A lot of them are similar to the ones I've already posted, BUT there are also photos of their romantic day trip to Paris AND
our week in Devon, which are definitely worth seeing- for the murder mystery night alone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Jamie: Ok shoes are my thing...try Zappos.com, they have any type of shoe you could possibly want...any type! You can also find them pretty reasonable. And you can narrow the search to what you are looking for, size, type, color, etc. The only downside is you have to order online.

The dresses are beautiful!

I am glad you guys had such a great visit with the family!

Kate

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the ennui of sitting in front of a computer all day got me inspired to look - these might work for ya!

http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigation/product.do?Mis_item_id=15&product=346955016&D=346955016&Ntt=346955016&userSearch=true&Dx=mode%20matchall&Ntk=group_search&Mis_item_loc_id=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Np=1&N=0&Nu=this_product&Nty=1&thisprod=346955016&SNtt=le737&SNu=pca_id

11:34 AM  
Blogger Noelle said...

Ah! I got the perfect deoderant! Tom's of Maine. As long as it's not 900 degrees and you're not going to be doing any heavy working out, the stuff works great, and they even have some non-hippie smelling scents. It's not made from the stuff that normal deodorants are made of, so there's no white mess unless you REALLY cake it on.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home