Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Devon Top 10

Caitie here…

We’ve had a very eventful week since arriving in Devon. So many things have happened…writing it all out would bore you sick. So I am going to give you the Top 10 Events. And now, when you are in our presence, you won’t feel left out of our inside jokes.

  1. Mike and I got locked into our bedroom. The only possible escape was a tricky one . . .we had to scale the wall and climb into Aunt Linda’s room. Once we defied gravity and reached safety, a locksmith was called. Rumors spread that it was Tom’s nighttime playfulness and door-handle-jiggling that broke the door…it’s still a mystery.

9. Tom meets a “friend” Andy at the Clocktower (a pub) and gets directions to a secret beach. We all sit on the edge of our seats as John drives miles away from civilization only to find a beautiful and quiet beach hidden in the cliffs! And of course, there is a pub right at the top of the hill where Tom can get snookered while Jamie, John, Mike and I work on our tans.

8. Daddy, you’re making me soo sad! Quit making me sad.

7. Watching E! Entertainment’s most random 101 Amazing Hollywood Moments, and getting cut off at 21! But mostly all the English TV is random and boring.

6. John and Jamie winning Couple of the Week for winning the Cranium match and all the cheesy lovey dovey comments made by John. (For instance, Sandi says “John look at the cottage behind you.” To which John replies, “I would, but I can’t take my eyes off Jamie.” Puke!

5. Sandi blasting oldies from the CD player in the kitchen and strongly encouraging all of us to do a line dance with her. . .which we happily did. All of us clapping and bopping to the temptations, working our groove thangs from the oven to the fridge. Not awkward at all.

4. The “Carnival”. Carnivals in Devon are actually parades. We were very distraught to learn this, but then, magically, we discovered rides! Mike and John each paid 10 pounds (20 dollars) to ride “The Power Shot”, a giant slingshot-looking thing that launches its riders 200 feet into the air. Jamie and I were screaming louder than they were! Then we decided to go on a nice relaxing ride, which, unbeknownst to us, was faster, spinnier and scarier than the Power Shot, we almost all puked, but got ice cream instead.

3. Murder Mystery Dinner. We all dressed up, Mike as Clarke Crumpett the Arab; John as Johnny Come-lately the Cowboy; Jamie as Sue Spender the Stripper; me as Losta Morales the Actress; Sandi as Fanny Chaise-Lounge (blond with big boobs); Tom as Cecil Lothario, the esteemed Hollywood director; and Aunt Linda as Monica Makeover the hairdresser. I had to hold it in all day that I, Losta, was the killer, and in the end, my acting was terrible and they all knew it was me. What can I say, I cannot tell a lie. That’s the truth.

2. John goes on a weird “I will hump anything” spree, starting with Mike, then the kitchen table and then the door…he had an evil gremlin laugh while demonstrating. Again, it wasn’t awkward at all. Sandi reprimanded him and promptly put his little gremlin tail between his legs.

1. And last but not least, our adventures to Black Sands beach. We had to take a ferry over the river to get it and on the way home we passed all traffic and cut the line. We are Americans! We got called out by a bloody wench who ran down and told on us!! And she wasn’t even in a car!! Don’t blame John though, I was the one peer pressuring him to cut in line!

That’s it. If you are lucky, John and Jamie (once they finally get rid of us) will enlighten you on their perspective of this trip. Oh, and also, I would like to note, I made it all two weeks hanging with these Ramsburgs. . .and I am still standing. If you are as shocked as they all were, then you too can call me Superwoman.

Thank you and good night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Caitie I am so glad you all are having such a great time. I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow when you fly back to Philadelphia!

I am glad you made it two full weeks with the Ramsburgs!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, Jamie's Mom here.. Glad to hear everyone had a terrific time and the locked door hmm. Makes Ya wonder. And the fact that ya made it 2 weeks with the Ramsburg Family is no surprise they are a FUN group of fine folks:0 )
P. S. Did I do good John ?
No really they R. Look forward to more stories as well..
Safe Flights home to ALL!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing that was great was Mom's b-day dinner. Aunt Linda chose the perfect spot. Even though Mom and I suffered after eating the Lamb special, everything was fab-oo-lus.

Happy B-Day Mom!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
1982 cadillac fleetwood pics Male fucking toy 1970 cadillac catalog

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home