Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Has the end come already?

They all warned me. "In London," they said, "it gets really hot for about three weeks and that's summer." The entire time we had visitors, the weather was amazing. It was HOT HOT HOT and I got a great tan! BUT as of Monday, it has been cloudy with fall-like temperatures. I'm talking hoodie weather, which I love, but not in August! Is this the end? Has summer really passed me by? Or will we get a resurgence of beautiful weather in time for Dan and Jim's visit? And if summer really is gone, how long will it be before the temperature in the tube goes below 100? Stay tuned to find out...

In other news- I volunteered at The Globe last night and it was the first time it rained while I was working a performance. When it rains, we have to wear these STUPID plastic bags called "macs" so that our placards that say "Shakespeare's Globe" on one side and "Steward" on the other don't get wet. I have been told if you get your placard wet, you might as well just go home because you'll never hear the end of it from the Steward Captain- she's a bit obsessive.

Side note- the show was The Comedy of Errors and it was very funny (maybe a little too campy, but I'm not a fan of the whole mistaken identity genre, so I was happy with the camp.) The director, Christopher Luscombe, made great use of the space and the columns, which hasn't been the norm this season.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Fall already say it Isn't soo.. It is hotter then** here and I am NOT complaining! I am no fan of the seasons to come!
Don't they at least laminate those placards?
I would just get it wet and see what happens. But; thats just me :)
Glad the play was a good 1. And heres to a resurgance of beautiful weather For Jim and Dan . Love 2 U both.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very Heliocentric of Eli!
Ah. Science!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's swap. You can have the 100 degree midwestern humididty. I'd be happy to wear a hoodie. Maybe even a fleece! Today I walked a mile to the train and by the time I got there I was covered in sweat and smelled like gym class. Do you really want that?

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh I am still awaiting a Blog from Tom SR. We know UR out there :)

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home