Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh Bother.. BOO, I Suppose

Jovi, Miso and our Pumpkin 

I'm sitting here eating Fun Dip, the last of my pilfered halloween candy from the office. Actually it's called Double Dip and has a clever sugar dipping stick that has a slight concave curve for prime fiz dip collection.

Halloween in England is LAME. Apparantly most parents won't let their kids go trick or treating because it's not safe. Also, nobody gets dressed up at work. Imagine being the only cowboy in a room full of sweaters. That was a fate I almost avoided today. I did in fact wear my sherrif's hat to the office.

There was an office party of sorts. Someone laid out bowls of sweets and made jello ("jelly") shots. Which was an odd combination, but I coped. I ended up being called "Woody" by the more clever members of staff. I was also the only male even making an attempt at a costume. Some ladies put orange and black ribbons and feathers in their hair. Apparantly a bang up job by English standards.

People were amazed to hear that at home adults do actually dress up for Halloween parties. Further bafflement ensued when I explained that you can in fact dress up as anything you like, and the costume doesn't even need to have the adjective "Spooky" or "Dead" shoehorned onto the description.

Well, my fun dip is finished. Wish Jamie luck as she deals with my all night sugar high! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home