Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, October 22, 2006

We're Back!



So I'm sitting here in my jersey listening to the Eagles playing the Bucs. So you can guess my mood.

Jamie and I have finally returned from our Jetset week! I flew home last Friday (the 13th, dum dum dum) - I went straight to Jeff's rehearsal. I was overlooked in the order of the ceremony, so we went back through everything so I could read the selected Bible passage. It was a great reunion between Jeff, Josh, and me.

I picked up Jamie after the rehearsal and headed for the rehearsal dinner. We sat with the pastor and his wife and my friend Brad and his wife Heather. There were other people we didn't talk too. Which is fine - Jetlag hit me about the same time the main course was served. My body screamed " It's 2 AM you crazy bastard! Stop eating and go to sleep!" I ignored the screaming and regaled people with stories of London. Actually what came out was a lot of nonsense that received polite nods.

Saturday morning Jamie and I watched our nephew Tommy play flag football. Tommy actually had positive yardage and had a brilliant fake handoff that fooled the other 6-8 year olds. His coach also uses the Statue of Liberty play to great effect. I left early into the second game to go hangout with Jeff and the guys before the wedding. After some good bonding time the wedding started. I went up to read at the lectern at the appropriate time. However, the pastor forgot about me and continued on with the ceremony. I stood patiently watching the pastor and trying not to steal focus. Finally I was given leave to read my passage. Job done, I stepped down and watched one of my best friends get married. Good stuff.

There was a 2 hour gap between the ceremony and the the reception at the Willows. I went over with Josh to keep him company during the 2 hour long picture sessions. Those of you who have done this understand that this means drinking beer while making fun of your friends getting their pictures taken.

The reception was great - we had a lot of fun. My IT skills came out as I assisted Jeff's older brother in setting up a laptop to play a slideshow on a projector. I alternated between feeling cool & useful/big fat nerd.

We had a drink at the after party in their hotel (after I purchased a movie for Josh's room) and after some heartfelt goodbye's Jamie and I headed home. Jamie was a great designated driver. Props yo.

Sunday night we flew back to the UK - I worked on Monday. Monday I decided I'm not a jet setter, and those people who are jet setters either lie a great deal, or smoke crack.

Tuesday I was mostly back to normal, and then I had to fly to Madrid for work on Wednesday night. I know, rough life!
I took Jamie with me, so I'll let her tell you all about her first trip to Spain!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the two of you had a good time in Madrid. And at your guy friends wedding. But; the best part of the blog is...... The Eagles dumped another 1 ! Oh well maybe next time . Bye 4 now. I'll check in again.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the jerk trash-talking the Eagles on your blog? Can't even show your name and stand up for yourself? I smell a stinky...GIANTS fan. Or, even worse, a Skins Hog. Doubtful you're a Cowboys fan, bc the Cowboys SUCK. Whoever you are, this a green zone. Back off.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coward? I say not Mr. Mike! Don't be a bad sport my man. UR green is certainly showing .

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home