Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Catch Up, John style.

Hello!

A quick update from John -


I bought Jamie an Arsenal Jersey for her birthday. We went to a pub to watch a game in Arsenal uniform, and Jamie was told to go home. Good fun! They beat Man United, so we were happy. Arsenal won last night as well, so things are looking up for the team.

We purchased a subscription to NFL Field pass so we can listen to Mr.'s Reese and Quick on the radio tell us all about the Eagles blowing the game. I wear my Jersey as I listen to the computer telling me of pain and misery delivered in interceptions, blown covers, and missed blocks. At least I have Frank's Hot Sauce to comfort my pain.

I started recording my songs on our new laptop. Mr. Pederman and Myself will be collaborating transatlantic, so look forward to new recordings!

As for party/wedding news... At Flo & Keith's wedding I was the "Party Star" - I was the king of the dance floor.. I ponied like maronie, mashed the potato, and swirled the girls like nobody's business. Dad would have been proud. At the after party, I redecorated the wedding party suite with my able bodied assistant, Ms. Rutkoski and played Huck Finn in the hot tub. I tried to police the party, but was informed in no uncertain terms that a "half naked elvis does not tell me what to do." Point taken.

Jamie and I met up with Elba and her boyfriend Dave at Milk & Honey - a private drinkin' club in SoHo. Dave and I decided the fate of western Europe as we swilled beer in lieu of the $50 scotch and fancied cigars we could not afford. We then moved onto an unmarked nightclub where I proceeded to fend off prospective suitors by claiming I was gay or straight as the situation warranted. At the end of the evening Jamie and I chased our bus 7 blocks before we were allowed entry. I expressed my disapproval by not making eye contact with the driver. He was duely chastised.

Now Flo & Keith are here wrapping up their honeymoon on our air mattress. I have ear plugs, an eye mask, and plenty of inner tube patching materials. Once an Eagle Scout...

That's all kids. SWAK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home