Jamie & John in London

A journal of our experiences as Americans living in London

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We Survived the Flo/Keith Wedding!

Wouldn't that be a great t-shirt? But seriously- the last two weeks have been amazing. Here is a relatively short synopsis:

I arrived in Newark around 9pm Friday night, the 1st. My flight was a bit delayed, but I can't complain because I got home around 11 and Flo didn't make it home from ABE until 2:30am. After a quick final fitting Saturday morning, I whisked Flo away for a surprise weekend in NYC. We met up with Jenny, Carolyn and Susie and promptly proceeded to battle Ernesto with all our might. And, ladies and gentlemen, that poor hurricane didn't stand a chance!

Highlights of the weekend:
Wine and pretzels in Jenny's apartment
Being the ONLY table at El Rio Grande and applauding the guacamole guy
Multiple pitchers of sangria at Havana Central
Walking all the way to Magnolia (okay- it was only a few blocks) for an early birthday cupcake only to discover they decided to close for Labor Day- the nerve!
Pigging out at Benny's Burritos
Hanging out at Jimmy's in the Upper East Side with a bunch of college guys harrassing Flo (That may have been because of the thong she was wearing outside her jeans:)
Walking down East 92nd Street
Everyone pitching in to deflate one air mattress
The BEST brunch ever at Sarabeth's on Madison and 92nd
A quick visit to the reservoir
A last-minute dash through Times Square to get to our bus on time

It was an amazing weekend and gave Flo and me the chance to relax before the wedding week. The week that followed was wonderfully busy. Flo and I shopped till we dropped. We even managed to buy a few things for the wedding:) Together we cut, pasted, copied, popped and decorated a million things. Those of you who think my lists get a bit out of control should see us together. Suffice it to say we bring out the OCD in eachother. Thanks to those lists and a group of great helpers everything went smoothly.

The wedding was magical. Flo was breathtaking. Keith couldn't stop smiling. Tropical Storm Florence stayed away. Everything looked beautiful. The food was delicious. John danced with every woman there- including but not limited to my mom, Flo's mom and Keith's mom. And most importantly- my toast was a huge hit! Somehow I made it through with only a few pauses due to crying.

There was only one small snag the whole night. Keith burned a CD of their song for the band and a minute or so into the song- it skipped! I had horrible flashbacks- would Flo suffer the same tragedy her best friend suffered only six years ago? I looked at her- she looked at me-we held our breath-- and the song kept right on playing! When it was over, we decided that having your song skip during the reception is a sign of good things to come.

For those of you wondering...yes, I did dance on the chairs along with a few of the other bridesmaids and the bride herself!

To say I had the time of my life would be an understatement. There is so much more to tell you, but this blog is long enough already. Once I get the photos uploaded, I will email the link to anyone who wants to see them.

As for my birthday- thank you to everyone who sent cards, called or sent emails. I feel very loved! I was lucky enough to celebrate with friends and to have dinner with my family Sunday night. We flew all day Monday- what fun! But when we got home, John had a frozen pizza waiting for me and chocolate fudge brownie ice cream (with a candle) for dessert! He also gave me two CDs by English bands that I like and an Arsenal jersey. Arsenal is our favorite soccer team. I can't wait to wear it to the pub.

I have had an amazing two weeks and I am positively exhausted! Now it's time to buckle down and get some directing work. Hope you're all doing well-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home